Polyolefin Self Adhesive (Permanent)IML Label Wizard
- Adhesive Strength 1: Removable
- - an acrylic water based adhesive with good initial tack yet removable from a wide variety of substances including glass, metal, polyethylene and polypropylene. This adhesive exhibits excellent ageing characteristics and is also suitable for some chilled cabinet applications.
- Adhesive Strength 2: Permanent -
- an acrylic adhesive designed to give high tack and good adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces including both polar and non-polar substrates. Permanent adhesive should be used when labelling difficult substrates like polyethylene and carton board.
- Adhesive Strength 3: Marine Approved BS5609 (Permanent)
- - a high coat weight rubber-resin hot melt adhesive, designed to give excellent tack and adhesion to both polar and non-polar substrates. The increased coating weight gives improved performance on rough, textured surfaces. BS5609 testing includes a 3 month exposure of labelled test plates in salt water at mid-tide.
- Tag Strength 1: Standard
- Tag Strength 2: Strong
- Tag Strength 3: Heavy duty
- Weather Resistance 1: Good
- Weather Resistance 2: Very good
- Temperature Level 1: -20°C and above
- Temperature Level 2: +130°C and above
- Temperature Level 3: +450°C and above
Polyolefin S/A is ideally suited to applications where label durability is required, surviving long term outdoor exposure and resisting water, various chemicals & most household detergents to ensure product identification is maintained.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Polyolefin Self Adhesive is a 175 micron matt white synthetic material, laminated to an 87 gram white glassine liner with a high tack permanent acrylic adhesive. The adhesive is a high peel, low shear adhesive, suitable for adhesion to difficult surfaces & has very good humidity and water resistance to BS5609 standards. It is also food safe, meeting the requirements for FDA Indirect Food regulation 21 CFR – 175.105.
Variable information printing, pictures and barcodes are possible using a wide range of both mono and colour laser printers. Polyolefin S/A is approved for use on OKI led printers & the material is also printable using a combination of thermal transfer printer and suitable ribbons. IML will be pleased to advise on the best printer and ribbon solution for maximum resistance and readability. Polyolefin S/A can be supplied pre printed in up to 6 colours.
Durability, survival of prolonged outdoor exposure and resistance to various chemicals, household detergents, water and temperature are properties that make Polyolefin S/A ideal for the Chemicals, Building and Construction, Medical, Steel Processing & Identification industries.
- Polyolefin S/A has good durability & temperature resistance.
- Survives long term outdoor exposure and is very resistant to water and various chemicals.
- The adhesive is BS5609 approved & also meets the requirements for FDA Indirect Food regulation 21 CFR – 175.105.
- Polyolefin S/A can be printed using Laser & LED printers, as well as some ink jet printers (prior testing is required for ink jet printing)
- Variable information printing and barcodes are also possible using a combination of thermal transfer printer and suitable ribbons.
Call us now on: 0114 242 2111
Copylaser Paper Self Adhesive (Permanent)More Info