PE Gloss White Self Adhesive (Removable)IML Label Wizard
- Adhesive Strength 1: Removable
- - an acrylic water based adhesive with good initial tack yet removable from a wide variety of substances including glass, metal, polyethylene and polypropylene. This adhesive exhibits excellent ageing characteristics and is also suitable for some chilled cabinet applications.
- Adhesive Strength 2: Permanent -
- an acrylic adhesive designed to give high tack and good adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces including both polar and non-polar substrates. Permanent adhesive should be used when labelling difficult substrates like polyethylene and carton board.
- Adhesive Strength 3: Marine Approved BS5609 (Permanent)
- - a high coat weight rubber-resin hot melt adhesive, designed to give excellent tack and adhesion to both polar and non-polar substrates. The increased coating weight gives improved performance on rough, textured surfaces. BS5609 testing includes a 3 month exposure of labelled test plates in salt water at mid-tide.
- Tag Strength 1: Standard
- Tag Strength 2: Strong
- Tag Strength 3: Heavy duty
- Weather Resistance 1: Good
- Weather Resistance 2: Very good
- Temperature Level 1: -20°C and above
- Temperature Level 2: +130°C and above
- Temperature Level 3: +450°C and above
PE Gloss White S/A (Rem) is commonly used for flexible labelling on rigid or squeezable bottles and containers for toiletry & cosmetic industries, but generally when there is a requirement for the label to be removed before the end of a products life cycle. Despite the adhesive being removable it still has a good resistance to various household & industrial chemicals.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PE Gloss White S/A (Rem) is an 85 micron top coated gloss clear polyethylene, laminated with a removable modified acrylic adhesive to a 63 gram glassine liner. This adhesive features a high clarity coupled with very good removability from such substances as plastics and glass. The adhesive also conforms to FDA Indirect Food regulation 21 CFR – 175.105. It is not however suitable for application to paper based surfaces or some painted surfaces. Testing in the intended application is always advised.
Variable information printing and barcodes are possible using a combination of thermal transfer printer and suitable ribbons. IML will be pleased to advise on the best printer and ribbon solution for maximum resistance and readability.
This products flexibilty and resistance to household detergents and industrial chemicals makes it particularly relevant to the Cosmetic, Chemical, Medical & Retail industries.
- PE Gloss White S/A (Rem) is ideal for labelling flexible cosmetic & home care bottles & containers.
- Displays good removability from plastics & glass.
- Good resistance to water and various household & industrial chemicals, despite being removable.
- The adhesive also meets the requirements for FDA Indirect Food regulation 21 CFR – 175.105.