Mattrans Self Adhesive (Permanent)IML Label Wizard
- Adhesive Strength 1: Removable
- - an acrylic water based adhesive with good initial tack yet removable from a wide variety of substances including glass, metal, polyethylene and polypropylene. This adhesive exhibits excellent ageing characteristics and is also suitable for some chilled cabinet applications.
- Adhesive Strength 2: Permanent -
- an acrylic adhesive designed to give high tack and good adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces including both polar and non-polar substrates. Permanent adhesive should be used when labelling difficult substrates like polyethylene and carton board.
- Adhesive Strength 3: Marine Approved BS5609 (Permanent)
- - a high coat weight rubber-resin hot melt adhesive, designed to give excellent tack and adhesion to both polar and non-polar substrates. The increased coating weight gives improved performance on rough, textured surfaces. BS5609 testing includes a 3 month exposure of labelled test plates in salt water at mid-tide.
- Tag Strength 1: Standard
- Tag Strength 2: Strong
- Tag Strength 3: Heavy duty
- Weather Resistance 1: Good
- Weather Resistance 2: Very good
- Temperature Level 1: -20°C and above
- Temperature Level 2: +130°C and above
- Temperature Level 3: +450°C and above
Mattrans is ideally suited to applications where durability is essential, survivng long-term outdoor exposure and resisting water and various chemicals to ensure product identification it maintained. Mattrans S/A Perm, combined with an aggressive adhesive, displays tamper evident properties, making label removal and reapplying extremely difficult.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mattrans S/A is a matt white coated HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) film laminated to an 80gram white glassine liner with a high tack BS5609 marine approved adhesive. The face is extremely print receptive to a variety of print methods. The adhesive is a rubber based hot melt designed to give superior initial tack on moist and rough surfaces. The 80gsm glassine liner is suitable for use where there is automatic label registration or dispensing required.
Variable information printing and barcodes are possible using a combination of thermal transfer printer and suitable ribbons. IML will be pleased to advise on the best printer and ribbon solution for maximum resistance and readability.
The properties of this product, including its aggressive adhesive, durability and ability to survive long-term outdoor exposure, coupled with resistance to water and varous chemicals, make it particularly relevant to the Chemical, Steel, Building & Construction and Horticultural industries.
- Mattrans has a marine approved BS5609 adhesive.
- Survives long term outdoor exposure and is very resistant to water and various chemicals.
- The increased adhesive coating weight gives improved performance on rough and textured surfaces, even when moist.
- Isega approved for direct contact with dry and non-fatty foods.
- The face is also printable by Dot Matrix, although it is recommended this is well tested prior to supply.
Call us now on: 0114 242 2111